Hello there! 😀
First of all, I would like to thank Gen for nominating me in the Liebster Award… 😀 #greatopportunity
In my first three days of blogging, I’ve been looking for blogs to follow (hoping they’ll follow me back, haha!) and really nice entries that I can be amazed (food or non-food) and that I can learn something from. One of the entries I saw was about the Liebster Award… 🙂 [It’s technically the first time I saw that beauty… :D]
So what is the “Liebster Award”? If I remember correctly, it is an award given to new bloggers/up and coming bloggers/ “newbies” who have less than 200 followers… 🙂 I still remember the first time I knew about that award; I was like “How I wish someone would nominate me… It may take me a long time (or maybe never) but its okay… 🙂 I will still blog my heart away… :D”
I’ve been blogging since May 10, 2013; that would make my blog 14-days old/2 weeks old. And to be given this opportunity as early as now, I’m really really thankful. Not just for Gen or the founders/admin of Liebster, but especially for God who really gives what your heart desires… 🙂 #thankyousomuch #muchlove #muchappreciation
In order to participate there are rules or guidelines that you have to follow. Here they are:
1.) Post 11 random facts about yourself
2.) Answer 11 questions made by the person that nominated you
3.) Create 11 questions for the bloggers you pass the award to
4.) Choose 11 bloggers to pass the award to and mention them in your post
5.) Go to their blog and let them know that they have been nominated
6.) No tag backs
So here are 11 random facts about me… 😀
1. I love baking but I don’t have a sweet tooth
– TRUE! I mean, usually, people that bake tends to have a sweet tooth right?? Well, I’m kinda different… I prefer savory than sweet, sauteed carrots than carrot cake, chicken pot pie than apple pie. Whenever I bake, I usually have a couple of small bites or maybe three, but that’s it… 😀
2. There’s not a whole year that will pass that I don’t get a sore throat
– TRUE again! For some reason, that really happens. I get sore throat the following day whenever I drink soft drinks, or eat chocolates then not drink water (at least about 250 ml) right away. I came to the point that I took all precautionary measures just to not have a sore throat within that year. One day, it just happened… #hateit (Like now, I have it… :/)
3. I get allergies when I eat runny yolks
– FACT! I honestly don’t know how that happens, but it does. My index and middle finger in my right hand usually are the ones that suffers first… First, 2-3 layers of thin skin will peel of. Worse case, the peeled part will have a crack and bleed at times. What I hate about this is that It’s so hard to shampoo and rinse my hair properly given that I have a long hair… 😦 [Like now, I have it also… :/]
4. I wear clogs literally, everywhere I go
– GUILTY!!! 😀 The reason behind that is because beside the fact that I’m good with my feet, I really go for that “comfort before style” thing… 😀 I wear it whenever I go to the mall and hang out with friends or loved ones, when I buy ingredients for baking, when I product develop or bake, and when we go to different places like Tagaytay, my cousin’s house, the department store, and so on. I also wear it when its sunny and when it’s rainy… 🙂 Its like my comfort foot wear… 🙂 Whenever i wear it, I feel like my feet are safe. I don’t worry about dirt , mud or even water touching my feet… 😀
5. I practically spent more than 1/2 of my total college allowance in buying culinary books I don’t read.
– Well, what can I say? I consider it as an INVESTMENT… 😀 There are even books that until now, I haven’t opened… 😀 I really want to have a culinary library in my future house to show my future kids, thats why I’m starting to collect as early as now… 🙂
6. I want to have my own Kitchen Aid Mixer
– I still can’t afford my own mixer so I don’t own one. So how do I make cupcake orders, you ask? Well, I do it by hand… 🙂 After a while, my sister bought a kitchen aid for herself (good thing!) and that’s what I use now… 🙂 I borrow hers if she’s not using it… 😀
7. I am a frustrated singer
– I LOVE SINGING!!! Really! The only problem is, singing doesn’t love me.. 😀 hahaha! As much as I want to be as good as Sarah Geronimo or Regine Velasquez or Jessica Sanchez, I’m not… : / Ohh well, at least I get to sing in the shower right?? 😀
8. New Year’s Resolution: REDUCE WEIGHT
– For as long as I can remember, my number 1 resolution whenever a new year starts, was always to reduce my weight… 😀 Always number one, but doesn’t really happen… 😀 The good thing now is that I maintain my weight instead of it increasing. But the not so good part is that I’m still overweight…
9. From high school to college, I only wear 1 jacket at school, my lavender colored jacket
– Like what I said a while ago, “comfort before style”… 😀 The only days I don’t wear my lavander colored jacket is when it’s at the laundry… 😀 I wear it when its raining (it’s water resistant) and when it’s striking hot outside (for my complexion not to darken too much).
10. I cry while watching touching movies or even clips at youtube
– I saw this clip in youtube. (Please watch). I cried. I got my sister asking me what happened. I showed her the video. After watching, she stared blankly at me then continued watching Korean series… 😀 Hahaha!
11. I love to travel
– For whatever reason it may be — for food, for culture, for another language, for vacation, for a seminar, for no good reason at all — I’ll always be glad to travel. I love meeting new people, understanding other cultures, learning new languages, tasting different food. I live for that kind of stuff… 😀 But ofcourse, what better way to travel, but to be doing it with your loved ones, right?? 😀
11 Questions for me to answer… 😀
1. What is your favourite book?
– Umm, it’s really hard to pick out 1 specific book, but I’d have to say the books by either Toba Garrett or Mich Turner… 😀
2. What is your most memorable dining experience?
– When we are having our family reunion (mother’s side), one of our aunts would always get a really big bowl or basin, fill it with tons of rice and viands, mixes it all together like fried rice (sometimes even seasoning it with fish sauce or soy sauce with key lime), asks us to form a straight line, then she will feed us one by one using her hands… 😀 I really miss that… 🙂 I can still remember how full our mouth is every time we made “subo”… 😀
3. Favourite cuisine?
– Hmm… That would probably be either Filipino Cuisine or Japanese Cuisine… 😀
4. What is your favourite meal of the day?
– Dinner… 😀 Because that is where all of us, my family and I, are around/present and get to eat together… 😀
5. What is your least favourite food?
– OKRA!!! (lady’s fingers or lady finger) because I hate the slime… :
6. Do you prefer cooking for yourself, or others?
– For both myself and others… 😀 Haha! 😀
7. Favourite blogs on the internet?
– Blogs that has something to do with food… 🙂 And lots of ’em… 😀
8. One place you would love to travel to?
– Italy… 😀 I want to taste how their pasta, cheese and cold cuts (ex: salami) taste like… 😀 Is it similar to the ones that can be found in the Philippines? How different are they? 🙂
9. Casual dining or fine dining?
– Casual or fine would do… 🙂 Even street foods… 😀 As long as its worth it, I’ll try it… 😀
10. Salt or pepper?
– PEPPER!!! 😀
11. Spicy food: yes or no?
– DEFINITELY A YES… 😀
11 Questions to be answered… 😀
1. Which country are you most interested in visiting and why?
2. If you are to be a fruit, what would you be and why?
3. What attitude does the majority perceive of you?
4. What is the funniest thing you’ve ever done?
5. Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings? And why?
6. What is something that you’ve always wanted to do, but haven’t done yet?
7. If you are to choose what animal you want to be, what and why?
8. What is your comfort food?
9. Airplane or Cruise Ship, and why?
10. What is your favorite sport?
11. What are 8 things you can’t do without, and why?
11 Bloggers I nominate… 🙂
5. More Cabaret
10. Doctor Then
Until next time! 🙂 God bless! 🙂